You can now order some of the images you see here!
Click the arrow to go to the order page --->

Monday, May 17, 2010

Sauteed Bell Peppers pp. 250

Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
Where’s the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?



Peppers,  I really do not care for them.  There a whole bunch in this chapter, and I will be making these recipes here and there.  This week there will be two.  Today I made Sauteed Bell Peppers.


What are Bell Peppers?
They come in different colors, green, orange, red, and yellow.  The younger form, that being the green variety, is the most consumed color,  and from what I read from Mr. Bishops book, the less sweet.  It's better to let them ripen to their color.
  Other names: bell pepper (US); peperone (IT); pimiento dulce (SP), cayenne, paprika, pimento. Capsicum annuum






 What the Kids Thought...
Chef Turbo ate one without me looking and then ran into the kitchen to announce that he liked it.  He then ate a second one.  Great progress for the first try!
Sous Chef Squeaker would not even touch it.  But I am not surprised.  I give 2 year olds leeway.  Sometimes they need time for their taste buds to grow up. 
 
My Thoughts:
It was ok.  Again,  Bell Peppers are not my favorite flavor in the world.  But who knows, maybe by the end of this book I will enjoy them more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails