You can now order some of the images you see here!
Click the arrow to go to the order page --->

Friday, May 21, 2010

Green Beans with Bacon and Onion pp. 173

THURSDAY FARMERS MARKET
   I am sorry for not posting yesterday.  It was a very special day for me (I got older!) and I wanted to take the day off and have a little fun.  One of the ways I did that was to find another farmers market in my area.  This (to the right) was my bounty!  Local, fresh vegetables.   I have been finding that the "farmers markets" are in need of more farmers and variety.  Sometimes there will be three vendors all selling the same thing.  I find it quite frustrating.  None the less,  I got some green beans and peppers.  The peppers are for next week,  but the green beans I used tonight!


GREEN BEANS
   When it comes to summer, there are two foods I really enjoy,  strawberries and green beans.  I love fresh green beans!  I love to just wash them off and nibble on them.  I could practically have them for a whole snack that way!  But I had to prepare them to meet my goal tonight.

  I was able to get Chef Turbo to help me snap the ends.  He seemed to have a lot of fun when he figured it out.  I guess I take snapping green beans for granted since he had a hard time with it for a while.  I still had to go back into the discard pile to rescue usable ends.


DISH RESULT:
I really enjoyed it.  It was refreshing,  had no form of fat (except the turkey bacon fat, which was not really there at all!) and the parsley was a nice touch.  It called for an onion,  so I used a shallot.  And I ate it without gagging!  So happy.  It also called for bacon, and as I mentioned before,  I used Turkey Bacon.  I really prefer going with the healthier alternative and the lack of animal fat in the pan did not mess the dish up one bit.

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails