You can now order some of the images you see here!
Click the arrow to go to the order page --->

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Grilled Asparagus and Stir-Fried Asparagus...

It's been a few days since my update.  I had the wonderful blessing to have our first guests visit over the weekend.  I was able to cook the last three recipes for this week and had a blast serving these and cooking with our friends. 








Grilled Asparagus pp.15
    My grill is still broken.   I cannot wait to get it fixed.  The nut that holds the burner is rusted and it kind of stripped when I wanted to take it out.  So... next best thing is to broil.   I prepared the asparagus as directed and broiled the lovely prices.   I found prepared in the oven by broiling instead of roasting, tasted much better.


In Search...
   I made a list of all the vegetables I will be needing to purchase through this adventure.  The rough part is I am beginning to realize that the spring vegetables are mostly gone.   I finished (or at the time of this picture was about to finish) the asparagus section.  I now know who to go to for dandelion greens,  but the others I will have to wait till next spring.  I might go head with dandelion springs,  but I may also start off with an early summer vegetable since they are in season.  While at the farmers market,  my friend purchased some herbs for me.  I am now the proud owner of three little basil plants!



Stir-Fried Asparagus and Basil with Spicy Orange Sauce and Chinese Egg Noodles with Spicy Asparagus Sauce pp.19
  I am still trying to find ways to involve my little chefs while I cook.  One of the things Chef Turbo loves to do is to clean the lettuce in the lettuce spinner.   It took some encouragement to get him to help me finish tearing the lettuce,  but after that he had a blast spinning the lettuce.   I cannot wait to teach him about the non-exsistant forces cause the water to leave the leaves and cling to the sides of the container.  Even My Beloved got into the fun and wanted to see how fast he could spin the lettuce.


Now about the recipe... I needed some Chinese Egg Noodles.  I did not really have the time to look for an Asian market,  so the closest thing I could find were these chow mien noodles.    They seemed to work.  Also, this recipe, was two recipes in one!  It was like two birds with one stone.   It was a wee bit to spicy for me,  but for My Beloved it was not spicy enough.  The noodles were a fun texture,  but I do not think this will be a regular family meal.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails