You can now order some of the images you see here!
Click the arrow to go to the order page --->

Monday, June 7, 2010

Wilted Escarole with Anchovies and Garlic pp. 151

And Now a Word From Escarole...
     What's green, has not smooth leaves, and is related to chicory?  You've got it,  it's escarole.  I bought these heads at the farmers market from a very cheery elderly man.  He even talked me into buying some watercress, and I still have to figure out what to do with that.   According to fruitandveggieguru.com,
"Escarole contains only 20 calories and has 65% of the recommended daily allowance of vitamin A."
     That was all I was able to find out about the vegetable,  so far...

More Fish
     Again,  instead of using anchovies,  I used herring.  I really like the taste of herring and I thought it would not be a bad idea.  Anyways,  I have no idea where Wal-Mart carries anchovies.  And no,  please do not tell me.






Result
     The picture may have a heart,  but I did not love this dish.  Mr. Bishop said that it was not supposed to be bitter,  but it had a bitter taste to it.  I was too tired to really want to enjoy this meal too.  Oh well.  The kids?  Well,  they are not that into this kind of fish yet.  One day.





Other News
     I made some chicken stock using the chicken feet I purchased.  Looking forward to seeing if it really tastes that good or not.  This deserves it's own special post,  so be looking for a "Chicken Feet Special" sometime soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails