You can now order some of the images you see here!
Click the arrow to go to the order page --->

Monday, June 21, 2010

Tomato and Cucumber Salad with Mint pp. 330

Tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, oh my!
     a) I do not like tomatoes, unless it is in ketchup or tomato sauce.  But I am trying to get over that.
     b) I do not like cucumbers and I am not doing anything about that now.
     c) I still hate dislike onions,  but I am working on that too.  Amazing to have all that in one recipe.





Draining Cucumbers
     Last year I tried to make a Russian cucumber salad.  The whole adding salt to drain the liquid from the cucumbers mystified me.  Thankfully Mr. Bishop make it all clear, and I think I successfully did that for this recipe.   I think one of the mistakes I did with the Russian cucumber salad recipe was that I did not take the seed part out,  which contains lots of liquid.



Result
     I am pretty sure if I liked these vegetables,  it would have been fantastic.  But,  it tasted good... and like the vegetables.  Sorry for such a boring post,  but the whole thing was very underwhelming and scary for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails