You can now order some of the images you see here!
Click the arrow to go to the order page --->

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Roasted Potatoes with Rosemary and Garlic pp. 271-272

Pests
     How many blogs do you know that starts out with such a despicable subject?  Who wants to read about pests to our cooking?  But it is a fact of life,  they are there, and they need to be talked about.  No way around it. 
     In the middle of my potato,  there was this moldy growth.  I tried to look online (using many different questions in google) to figure out what this is.  I could find nothing,  but if you wanted to find out more about different molds on the outside of a potato go here and if you want to find out how to make a weight for your bow and arrow go here (this was just a random site that came up when I typed in 'mold').
     My rosemary plant seems to have a small pest problem.  I found these black and white egg like things on the bottom of the leaf (where most pests like to hide).  It looks like I'm going to have to venture outside and do some natural pest control on the poor herbs! 
     Another pest has been mosquitoes.  My Mother-In-Law had to finish making this so that I could take my son to the walk in clinic.  His eye swelled up so much after getting bit by one of those bugs.  The poor little chef!  (No worries though,  he is fine).

Advice
     Mr. Bishop suggests that you add the herbs to the potatoes at the last 5 min of cooking to prevent burning.  It made so much sense and it was so nice to not have any burnt garlic and rosemary.  I make my own dish, but it was nice to learn something new from his own recipe.



Results
     Besides all the pests and learning curves,  this is by far one of my favorite dishes. I love Rosemary and garlic potatoes,  it has always been a side dish I have made for my family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails