You can now order some of the images you see here!
Click the arrow to go to the order page --->

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Shreded Zucchini with Garlicand Herbs pp.370

Zucchini
     It's summer,  it's that time of year when the summer squash begin to make an appearance.  For that I am grateful.  Zucchini is so refreshing on hot summer days.  It is fresh when a meal needs a wee bit freshness.  Zucchini is just plain awesome.   Now pair that with some ingredients, and you have a wonderful recipe.  Grilled, steamed, stir-fried,  zucchini is very versatile.


Herbs
     For the recipe,  Mr. Bishop did not mention any herbs to mix with the zucchini.  He just said anything that you have around.  To me,  that just cannot be possible,  there had to be some herbs that blended well with zucchini.  I knew that I had Basil, Rosemary, Lemon Verbena, something that starts with a 'c', and Parsley.   I started by looking up Basil in my Herb and Spice book.  It said that it pairs well with zucchini.  Then I looked at the herb list that went well with basil,  which would be parsley.  I had Chef Turbo snip all those up and then I mixed it in the carrot-zucchini mixture. 




Result
     This was so wonderful!  All the flavors blended so well together.  I am so thankful for my herb and spice book.  That was a really big key into making everything just melt on my tongue.   Another note,  the recipe I made tonight was just a variation.  The variation was adding carrots.  Glad I did, for flavor and color.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails