You can now order some of the images you see here!
Click the arrow to go to the order page --->

Monday, August 2, 2010

Dressing a salad and how horrible cucumber/watermelon salsa is

 Today was interesting.  As are all my days.  Always an adventure.  One of these times I need to stop saying about "today" and jump right into the story.  I am just so tired now.

   I made the salad dressing today because it was easy (Leaf Salad with Classic Vinaigrette pp. 202).  It tasted great on my salad,  and I think I will keep making this from now on.  It's just a basic dressing,  1 T. of red vine vinegar and 1 T olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.  Mr. Bishop stated that I could use some garlic,  but I just wanted the pure notes of the other flavors. 

   To make the other recipe (I will not be writing a post on Friday, but will have an automatic linky love for all y'all!),  I needed to purchase watermelon.  Now,  Chef Turbo is the only person in the whole house who eats watermelon.  For that reason I buy the personal sized ones.  Well... watermelon season is almost over,  and all they have for sale at the veggie store is these humongous watermelons.  I bought one,  and the lady asked me if I needed assistance taking it out to my car.  I declined, being as I would have to take it into my house on my own anyways (That is how heavy this thing was!)

    No one liked the Cucumber-Melon Salsa (pp.128).  Chef Turbo said it was too spicy (it had pepper flakes) and I just do not like the flavors or any of these items: watermelon, cucumber, or onion.  BLECH. 

  The salad dressing was most defiantly best part of the night.  Super good.  Super suggested.

Oh, I did some research on what to do with the rest of the watermelon:
http://www.watermelon.org/
http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf74467860.tip.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails