You can now order some of the images you see here!
Click the arrow to go to the order page --->

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 2: Grilled Artichokes, Two Ways pp.3-4




Wow,  my day started early while preparing for my next recipe in Jack Bishop's cookbook.  I needed a measurement of the burner in my grill so I could replace my old burner.   I was not prepared for what I was going to find inside my Charbroil grill.   There was a wasp with her little nest hanging off of the grate.  I knew instantly that this was not going to be an easy task,  not only was I not going to be able to measure the burner,  but I had to kill this pest AND repair the grill.  So, I went to Walmart,  got my supplies and then began the process of pondering this perplexing situation.
   You may wonder, "Why is it so perplexing?".  Well,  you see, half the burner was broken,  the grill had not been in use for a year, so I had no idea if there was a blockage anywhere, and I did not want to spray chemicals on my cooking surface,  flammable chemicals at that.  I was not going to give up, no sir, not at all.
   I found a great time to ponder while mowing the lawn.  There is nothing like mowing the lawn and dancing with dragonflies (we've got hundreds of those).  I figured I needed to burn her out....
So that is what I did.  I hooked up the propane tank, checked for leaks, then, well, let's just say the situation was taken care of.

I still needed to change out the burner.  When I opened the lid again, there was a small little green frog.  I caught it (without touching it), put it in a jar, and then bekoned Turbo and Squeaker to come and see the frog.  They thought it was awesome.  Back to the grill,  I opened the grill one more time.... to find a complete turkey dinner!  No,  to find out that the screw had rusted something awful, so I have to wait till My Beloved has some time to fix the silly grill.

So,  instead of grilling artichokes,  I broiled them,  not as good,  but close enough.

Turbo loved them,  I loved them,  I think we have found a new vegetable.  I just wish that is was not as expensive to purchase the artichokes.  We are talking $2 a head.  This one was very basic.  Prepare them just like last time, except no garlic.  It feels almost Italian.  It speaks to my roots.  I love the olive oil and salt mixture,  just pure wonderfulness.  

Since, again, there were lots of knives and hot ovens involved,   Chef Turbo did not help,  but he did help me make these wonderful Banana Muffins!  We have a whole bunch stored in our freezer now for future breakfasts! :D




Thanks for reading.  I hope you all have a good night.
Tomorrow: Roasted Artichokes and New Potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails