You can now order some of the images you see here!
Click the arrow to go to the order page --->

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Catch Up post... Last week Days 8-10

Well, I kept my word,  I kept cooking despite traveling, and it was a blast.  I think I am going to make a little tote box with olive oil, salt, pepper, and some kitchen scissors, so if I need to travel, or go to someones house,  I'll be prepared!

DAY 8 Pan Browned Asparagus with Butter pp.18
After driving for 6.5 hours with both the Chef and Sous Chef in the back seat,  we quickly ran to Wal-Mart to pick up some asparagus and the other ingredients for this dish.   I took me about 30 min to find the silly Wal Mart because my awesome GPS took me to one that did not exist,  in fact,  it was a Piggly Wiggly that did not exist anymore.  Not unless both shared the same parking lot and then doomed each other out of business,  I think not.  Anyways.  I found the Wal-Mart, and then discovered, my wonderful GPS took me 20 min away from my host's house.  It ended up when I got to their place,  there was a Wal Mart 4 min from their home.  Drat. 

After say our hellos and resting from the drive,  I began to cook up this delectable side-dish in her beautiful kitchen (she has such lovely colors!).  We inhaled the asparagus and there were none left for left-overs.  Pan-Browned Asparagus is going into the Side-Dish cookbook!


DAY 9+10: Asparagus with Lemon Mustard Vinaigrette and Steamed Artichokes with Garlic Mayonnaise. 
 I drove another 7 hours to make it to town the day before my sister graduated.  I wanted to cook one of the side dishes that night,  but driving alone with two kids under 4 is exhausting.  So,  I put it off till the Saturday after she graduated and made two side dishes at once.   I enjoyed the Asparagus and practically ate the whole thing by myself.  My family ate some of it. 

Now about the mayo,  I have never made mayo before.  In fact I never knew it could be that easy, thankfully with my Mom there.  I at first put all the ingredients into my sisters blender, let me just say, that does not make mayo.   We cleaned out the blender and started over,  this time mixing the eggs and garlic and then adding the oil mixture slowly.   Then problem number two arrived.   When we dove into the mayo,  it was too spicy from the garlic.  The garlic cloves I had purchased were too big, and too pungent for the mayo.  Oh well. :D  I ate a whole head of artichoke by myself! :D  Yummy!

Since my return on Monday,  I am behind on cooking yet again,  I will start again tomorrow night and will, should, have only double posts for this week.  Sorry about that!

Have a great day/night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails